Couldn't buy designer brands?

Mifffed's review of Next www.next.co.uk

“Couldn't buy designer brands?”

Written on: 25/04/2013 by Mifffed (1 review written)

I ordered 3 shirts on Next online website, 1 was a Next shirt and the other 2 were branded labels. I selected collect from store, I selected the day for collection and received a confirmation that the order had been placed yaay ok so far.
I went into the store a day later than specified hoping that would give them extra time to make the delivery, however no order had been sent. The staff in store were very helpful and offered to check and double check, but nothing could be found so I left empty handed.
When I arrived home I found a letter from? Yes Next! In the letter they apologised for not sending the order and requested that I dial an 0845 number to discuss my account with them. I was a bit concerned about this as there was no indication as to what they wanted to speak with me about. After hanging on the line for 5 minutes or so a gentleman eventually answered and took my details for security reasons etc. then asked me what he could do for me. I explained about the letter and he asked me for a description of the items that I had ordered, so I rattled them off as best as I could remember. Apparently they won't send out branded goods without going through this process, he then asked me to either pay a small deposit by credit/debit card or pay the items in full. I declined both options and cancelled the order as they now wouldn't arrive in time and I was more than a little miffed. The customer service gentleman didn't seem terribly bothered either way.
Sorry Next but this is shoddy I've not had problems with any other online retailers. Maybe it's just me?

• No shirts as they never arrived