Read this before you buy from Next online !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest's review of Next www.next.co.uk

“Read this before you buy from Next online...”

Written on: 24/09/2012

Sunday 16 September : Ordered a pair of shoes at Next online for my daughter's school dance. Doubted whether order had actually gone through as no 'end screen' confirming order nor separate order confirmation e-mail.

Monday 17 September : cost of shoes charged to our credit card.

Thursday 20 September : Phoned Next online and queried order status - "yes, shoes ordered, will express deliver to local store for next day collection; you won't be charged until shoes are despatched".

Friday 21 September : Visited local Next store - no shoes and no information as to when delivery would be made".

Saturday 22 September : text received from Next - "very sorry, unable to express deliver to store but will send text to tell me when to go to local Next store to collect".

Monday 23 September : Phoned Next - "no stock of these shoes in our warehouse". I demanded my money back - "payment would not have been taken until shoes despatched".

Tuesday 24 September : I sent an e-mail to Next requesting someone contact myself - no response.
I phoned Next again - "confirmation that there are no shoes in stock, cost of shoes would be refunded to my Next account". I demanded a full refund back into my credit card account - "yes, we will do that".

When I read all the other reviews of shockingly poor service I was furious that I had even bothered trying to buy anything from Next - and I certainly won't bother again !! Shocking service and systems in this day and age when other online vendors have such efficient processes.

• Goods purchased & cost