High End Rip Off

Sundayonline's review of Net-A-Porter www.net-a-porter.com

“High End Rip Off”

Written on: 15/05/2014 by Sundayonline (1 review written)

I’ve been shopping almost exclusively on Net A Porter for the past couple of years now. I used to be one of their greatest advocates, telling everyone I knew how much I loved them. Unfortunately, this is no longer be the case.

I purchased a pair of Marni wood heel leather sandals in December 2013. Not long after I bought them I noticed that there was a split in the leather, I was really surprised but I loved them so much that I didn’t want to send them back. Since then they have started to become unstuck or unglued on both shoes. Pretty soon they are going to be unwearable.

I sent a photo of the split leather that I took not long after I originally purchased the shoes. I also sent a photo of the current state –where the inner sole is coming away from the timber platform. This is the same on both shoes. The message I received back from NAP follows:

After inspecting the pictures that you have provided, we are unable to
accept your return. The fault has been classified by wear and tear.

I doubt that anyone even looked at the images.

I just assumed that when you pay a lot of money for a high end luxury brand that the quality of the goods will be excellent. These shoes haven't even lasted 6 months. What a rip off!

• Shoes $400