Ignoring my emails now!

TracyRicho's review of Net-A-Porter www.net-a-porter.com

“Ignoring my emails now!”

Written on: 19/08/2013 by TracyRicho (1 review written)

I recently purchased from Net-a-Porter from Australia. I was charged duties and GST for the item and when I returned the item they refused to refund the GST. Told me to seek a refund from Customs. Customs also refuse to refund saying that "Net-a-Porter know they need to refund you the money, they are just difficult about it. If you keep hassling them they will eventually do it". Net-A-Porter are now ignoring my emails to them.

I cannot believe that this hasn't been previously sorted out. The amount was in excess of $350 so I'm not very happy!

Customs and net-a-porter should sort this out between themselves and not leave customers going back and forth receiving conflicting messages.

Ridiculous! Will never purchase from Net-a-porter again and will recommend friends don't either.

• Goods purchased & cost

Improvethecustomerexperience's Response to TracyRicho's Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

I have just experienced the same on the purchase of 2 dresses from Net-A-Porter that are too large. As there are no smaller sizes they agree to refund the purchase price less the duties and taxes.

My taxes exceed $350. Net-A-Porter also has suggested I go to Australian Customs to request a refund.

This advice is unpalatable. Here is a provider of luxury goods with a pedestrian approach to customer service. REFUND THE TAXES and stop passing the buck Net-A-Porter!

Improve the customer experience.

N.B A/NZ consumers: Avoid taxes by keeping single online transactions under $1,000. Split purchases to pay the list price.