Beware - bad service

HelenP1's review of Net-A-Porter www.net-a-porter.com

“Beware - bad service”

Written on: 04/07/2012 by HelenP1 (1 review written)

I ordered a dress from Net-A-Porter and was initially pleased with the service. The dress I received however was damaaged and so I returned it with the assurances that they had held a replacement dress for me and would send it out as soon as mine was received. One week later they tell me they have no more in stock. AND it will take at least 10 days for my credit card to be reimbursed. Oh wait, they have put £5.00 on an account for me so the next time I order I will receive free shipping!
Stay away. Shop in real stores

• Goods purchased & cost

Guest's Response to HelenP1's Review

Written on: 24/07/2012

I agree.
Austalians beware of returns to Net-a-Porter!
If you return an item, you will not receive the GST and Duties back.
They claim that you can get it back through customs but Australian customs are VERY aware of this fraudulent claim from them and it is NOT possible to get it back because Net-A-Porter pay for taxes within your purchase and so are deemed the owner of the product and they are the only ones who can get it back.
GST is 10% and Duties 15% so if you buy a $500 item you will Lose $125.
If you exchange and it's not faulty you still lose that money, so it can become a very expensive purchase.