Worst customer 'service' EVER!

Venus-in-furs's review of Miss Selfridge www.missselfridge.com

“Worst customer 'service' EVER!”

Written on: 16/11/2011 by Venus-in-furs (1 review written)

Wow. Never have I been so utterly disgusted over such terrible customer service. Miss Selfridge should know better- being a huge high street store. I am never, ever going to buy from the again and my friends have been put off too.

Bought a coat (online exclusive) over a month ago for a holiday I am going on to New York. Free delivery I thought.....excellent! Over a week went by and no sign of the coat. Checked online only to discover that apparently my coat had been delivered - left on my porch. Not such a great idea considering I live in flats and share my porch with 20 others. Anyway, I actually really doubt it got delivered in the first place to be honest- as every other delivery I have not been in to collect, the delivery man leaves a note in your letter box to say where he has put it for you and to prove he has delivered it. No sign of anything being delivered- no note, nothing.

Called customer service- although to call it a service is an absolute joke. Got put on hold for so long I had to hang up after half an hour. Sent an email instead, got an automated response saying they wold respond in two days.....errrrrrrm nope. Not a peep. Anyway, a week later I went on to email a complaint and I still have not heard anything- a month later from ordering the coat and I am furious!

This company has to be the worst I have ever had the displeasure to encounter and I am £65 pounds down before a dream holiday I have been waiting a whole year to go on! I have saved so hard and now have had to buy another coat to wear- so more wasted money! I fear I will never get a refund.

Oh, on a better note, a similar thing happened with something I bought from ASOS and their customer service is AMAZING! Emailed them to say my dress hadn't turned up after two weeks and they sent another dress straight away and I had it the next morning by express delivery. They were friendly, curteous and five stars would not be enough for how great they are. If you want peace of mind shopping- buy from asos.

• Coat for £65