Disappointing underwear but still best option I've found

Guest's review of Marisota - www.marisota.co.uk

“Disappointing underwear but still best option I've found”

Written on: 01/08/2013

I've always had issues finding bras and knickers that fit me - I'm a size 16-18 with 36DD breasts. And I guess I must not fit the mold or something, because I often find that clothes of these sizes pinch, rub or ride up in cruel and unusual ways.

I went to Marisota to find a breast minimiser bra and some pretty knickers, figuring I should shell out and get something designed with curvy women in mind, so it would hopefully fit better!

I had no problem with my order - I used the store credit option because I wasn't sure if I'd be returning any items and didn't want to use my own money until I was satisfied with what I was keeping. I still haven't paid it off yet as I'm waiting for them to receive some returns I've made. Time will tell if there are issues on that side of things!

Leaving feedback on the site is a joke though.

I tried to use the online chat function - no customer service person ever came online. I ended up emailing them, only to be told that feedback of items has to be 'requested' by Marisota themselves, and unless I received an email asking for my feedback I would be unable to leave any.

Despite asking about feedback I have not subsequently been sent an 'invite' to leave any.

I bought Gok Wan "High waisted control briefs" in ivory spot, and "Strapless multiway bodyshaper" in ivory spot.

Both of which I have returned and am now awaiting refund of my 'store credit' for.

They were made from a swimming-costume-esque fabric which felt horrible, and didn't have the give of a swimming costume which made it difficult to put the items on. In particular the multiway bodyshaper was hideous!

It looked okay on, but I felt like a squeezed sausage, and the process of wriggling and tugging to get it on made me feel horrible. It definitely was not a celebration of my curves, but rather a torture device with a pretty pattern.

I also bought a NaturallyClose "neutral minimiser ruby bra", which I was initially delighted with!

It's the first bra where it's actually comfortably fit my breasts without contorting them or having overflow issues.

Unfortunately it has gel-like anti-slip strips along the straps - which work to hold the bra in place (successfully!) - and I've just discovered have left me with raised red welts after a day of wear at work. :(

The sad thing is, even having injured me in this way it's still the most comfortable bra I own, so I will likely keep wearing it. Just maybe not for whole days/at work.

I also bought a Simplyyours "Stretch lace full cup bra" in coral, which again, fits really well! I haven't yet worn it for a full day so I can't comment on how the straps will fare, but even so I'm happy with the cup coverage and will likely keep wearing it even if there are problems.

The main issue to take from this really is Marisota's use of reviews.

There aren't any reviews for the Naturallyclose bra I bought, and given how scatty the reviews are it's hard to tell if the issue with this bra is common, or if they have better ones I should have bought instead.

I also find it suspect that they're picky about which customers can leave reviews. And I'm a bit miffed that even asking how to review hasn't allowed me to do so.

• Goods purchased & cost