what a shambles

marblecake22's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“what a shambles”

Written on: 03/11/2012 by marblecake22 (1 review written)

I have been ordering form La Redoute for over 10 years with no problems but my last order has turned into a nightmare. I ordered over the internet and due to a glitch my order came through twice.One at the reduced price I thought I was buying at and one at the full price. On calling the helpline I was told it was my fault because of the browser I used and the items had already been dispatched I would have to send the items at the higher price back. Ok, but instead of sending two parcels it all came in one another phone call, another rude lady and a trip to the post office to send back. Fine I thought but that was over a week ago - the returned items haven't shown up on my account. They have since sent and charged me also for a 'free' handbag. On the account it says I ordered this by phone? I now have been sent a bill for twice the amount I ordered and I am fuming.

• Goods purchased & cost

Rapunzel28's Response to marblecake22's Review

Written on: 08/11/2012

I've just had a similar experience. I'm a long-time customer of La Redoute and suddenly found myself £80 down and no way to redress the problem. I had 4 items to return, including a pair of jeans where they'd sent the wrong size. I tried to do it online but the return request didn't seem to have gone through (obvs the 'wrong type of browser' like marblecake) so I rang up. Arranged for it to be picked up, filled in all the rather confusing gubbins (Boden do this so much better) and left it - rather nervously - outside the front door. A week later it disappeared, but I didn't get a receipt or anything. And that's it. I've phoned La Redoute a few times and had the same response. No proof, tough. Get the police to investigate. Needless to say I won't be shopping there again.

Marblecake22's reply to Rapunzel28's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2012

Sorry to hear about your trouble too, rapunzel -my advice is to keep emailing them -I found I got more sense this way as I didn't have to wait ages on the phone to be spoken to like i was an idiot and it was all my fault! It seems to me once they start the ball rolling on an order they can't stop it . I couldn't understand why no one queried my order was a complete duplicate when it was packedwomen on the phone said ' no one sees the order' who is packing them then? Robots? Also i too found the returns system too complex and as they sent everything through on one invoice not 2 it was a nightmare working out which items to return. What ever happened to ' the customer is always right'? Especially loyal ones like us?

Redcatsuk's Response to marblecake22's Review

Written on: 13/11/2012

Sorry to hear you have had problems with your order being duplicated, please send you customer details to Sharon.Ingham@redcats.co.uk and I will investigate further and contact you direct/

Marblecake22's reply to Redcatsuk's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2012

After sending a stinking letter to la redoute they have now rectified my account. I don't know where the goods went to but they eventually turned up. Someone did ring me to apologise but I was surprised I wasn't offered any compensation for my time. I tried copying my letter to the lady named above and my email just kept bouncing back? I have settled my account and will not shop with them again. They have gotten too big and don't seem to be able to stop the process when things go wrong meaning the customer has to do all the leg work! As the other lady says other companies manage it?Their telephone staff need a lesson in politeness although I must say the lady who rang to apologise was completely different.

Rapunzel28's reply to Marblecake22's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2012

Well done Marblecake, so glad your persistence paid off! This is quite a coincidence actually. I had given up on my £80 - I'm a freelancer and decided that the time it was costing me to pursue the matter was just throwing good money after bad. But after moaning to a friend at the weekend who told me to 'woman up' and not let La Redoute get away with it, I was literally just about to embark on the whole palaver again of finding emails etc when I saw that you'd replied to my comment - and had, as they say, a happy ending! Can you tell me who you wrote to?

Marblecake22's reply to Rapunzel28's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2012

I wrote to a Customer Care Adviser. I also emailed their enquiries email that is listed on their contact details - mind you I had to resend several times when i did get an automated response a 'real response' was forthcoming within 24hours as they promised - good luck!!

Rapunzel28's reply to Marblecake22's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2012

Many thanks Marblecake. I wrote via their Contact Us email yesterday and had an automated response, so I'm over the first hurdle! Will report the outcome here.

Rapunzel28's reply to Rapunzel28's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2013

I thought I was getting somewhere with this when I got a reply to my 'Contact us' email on 29 Nov. A lady asked for details of the clothes I ordered. I duly sent them, in the body of the email and as an attachment. Two weeks later I got an email from a lady saying due to 'major technical issues' they can't open attachments, so can I fax the clothing details please. I replied pointing out that the info was in the body of the email anyway, but gave it a second time to save further delay. Since then, to nobody's surprise, silence. Judging from the other reviews, La Redoute is regularly taking and keeping people's money when it shouldn't. What on earth's going on? They used to be a reputable company.