Only one out of 3 orders available.

pavarottiparrot's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“Only one out of 3 orders available.”

Written on: 31/10/2012 by pavarottiparrot (1 review written)

I ordered 3 items of clothing to wear together, as they made up a complete co-ordinated outfit.
One item was out of stock and not available for at least 3 weeks.
Another item was no longer available.
So, of course, the third item is no use to me on it's own.
However, they have sent it to me and charged me for it, as well as charging £3.99 p&p
Now I have to return it. Do they refund my payment and p&p? Do I have to cancel the item that should be in after 3 weeks? Will they charge another £3.99 p&p.? How do I ensure they don't send it and don't charge for it?
These questions are not answered on their paperwork, so I have to phone the enquiry line AT AN EXORBITANT COST!!!!!!
Surely, a customer help line should be free as most of the customers are phoning to correct La Redoute's mistakes?

• Goods purchased & cost

Redcatsuk's Response to pavarottiparrot's Review

Written on: 13/11/2012

please send your customer details to sharon.ingham@redcats.co.uk to enable me to check your account and contact you directly.

Kentkat's Response to pavarottiparrot's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

It is my understanding under the terms of Distant Selling Regulations (DSR) that online customers have 7 working days starting the day after an item is delivered to inform a company of their intention to cancel/return the order (i.e. by e-mail or actually returning the item). If you did this they are legally required to refund any P&P or restocking/admin funds.

If you did adhere to this, you should ask them to explain why they have tried to ignore/opt out of their DSR obligations. If you receive an unsatisfactory answer you should report them to Trading Standards and the OFT. Good luck.