Rude customer service, dodgey ordering policy

poltergeistdani's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“Rude customer service, dodgey ordering policy”

Written on: 13/09/2012 by poltergeistdani (1 review written)

I ordered a new autumn jacket from LaRedoute and paid the £3.99 for delivery only to still be waiting for my order to be dispatched a week later. I sent an email to customer services to find out what was going on only to get an auto response telling me that they would get back to me within 1 working day. 3 day later I'd still heard nothing.

I called LaRedoute instead (and they have the absolute worst hold music I have ever heard, interspersed with an annoying voice telling me about all of their latest offers), was put through to a bored-sounding woman who treated me as though I was stupid. She was rude, unprofessional and told me that I would have been informed when I ordered my jacket that it was currently out of stock and that I would be waiting 6 weeks for it to come. When I ordered the jacket it definitely said that it was in stock (I NEVER order anything that isn't because I hate waiting for things to come!)it definitely said that I could expect it within 3-5 working days. When I told her that it didn't say that at all, the woman on the other end of the phone sneered at me that it definitely did and I probably just didn't read it correctly, (hey I guess if I was silly enough to think that a customer service person might be helpful, I might also be illiterate!)
In six weeks time autumn will pretty much be winter, why on earth would I need an autumn jacket then?

I'm really irritated with LaRedoute, they have bombarded me with emails and post since my order, they use sly tactics to get people to order from them and their customer service is insanely rude. Not impressed at all and certianly won't be ordering from them again.

• Goods purchased & cost