Not ready for international selling

Guest's review of Joules - www.joulesclothing.com

“Not ready for international selling”

Written on: 27/12/2013

I received a catalog from Joules. I ordered children's clothes. They were adorable in the catalog and adorable in person. Although they haven't received much wear yet, they appear to be well made. However, I just received a bill from DHL for customs duties. When I went on the FAQ page of Joules.com, I found a notice that customs duties would be the responsibility of the buyer. This was not stated in the ordering process. I have ordered from Isabella Oliver, Boden and other UK companies, as well as Baccarat and other foreign companies, even a Thai company through etsy.com. Not one of them made me pay the customs duties! The Joules clothes are very expensive and I had to pay the normal foreign transaction fee on my credit card, making them even more so. I do not think Joules is very serious about entering the American market. They will not have customers if they do not at least pay their own customs expenses. I will not be ordering again.

• children's clothes - over $500

Malarkeymare's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2014

I had the exact same thing happen. I am very upset with joules and will stick with mini boden from now on.