Jacamo will damage your credit rating

Guest's review of Jacamo - www.jacamo.co.uk

“Jacamo will damage your credit rating”

Written on: 01/03/2013

Take a serious thought before setting up an account with this lot. I had an account for about a year. I ordered goods paid for them in full when my statement turned up and everything was ok at first. Last month I decided to take a holiday so I paid my Jacamo account early with a minimum payment plus extra to cover the next months payment in case I spent too much on Holiday. I even discussed it with the accounts lady who took my pre holiday payment and she said it was fine to do that. Sensible eh? Nope. This month I get a default notice flagged up on my credit record. When I check, its Jacamo who placed a detrimental flag on my credit account for £7.50p, yes that's right £7.50p, because they said I was behind on my payments. Remember I paid extra to cover both months. Not according to jacamo. Even though I had paid twice my minimum monthly payments they say its an "overpayment" and they only accept payments once they've asked for it? WHAT? So if I pay you more than you ask for over two months Im still in default? "Yes" said the accounts lady. "Thats why we put the £7.50 outstanding on your crdfit file. It is part of our outstanding charges for making a late payment. But I paid early? "No you didn't you simply overpaid" she said. IDIOTS! . They don't accept it is covering this months payment. Even though I was in credit and i discussed it with one of their accounts people and paid the £7.50 on the phone right then and i had never been behind with my payments ever, they refuse to remove the black mark. Good customer service eh? They will loose a good customer for the sake of £7.50 and they don't care a toss! So even though I was in credit and didn't owe them anything I now have a mark on my credit history. For £7.50p? I've since closed my account and I am in the process of telling the world about this rubbish company. Don't deal with them, they will screw you over and no they won't help you if there is a problem. Spend your hard earned elsewhere.

• clothing