Rip off......avoid!!!!!!

Guest's review of Jacamo - www.jacamo.co.uk

“Rip off......avoid!!!!!!”

Written on: 24/10/2011

I ordered some items for my partner and he decided he didn't want them so after he gave them back to me I called the courier to collect the parcel. Unfortunately, I have had some health issues and was a day over the 14 day free home approval by the time the parcel was picked up.

Today I received my statement and they are trying to charge me £15 extra because the parcel, containing 5 item was late. Yes, £3 per item! Ridiculous!!! The parcel was picked up on 14th and they have it on their statement that it arrived with them on 20th.

I called the customer services and spoke to a very cocky Northern man and said that I was only a day late and not 6 which was being shown on my statement. I also said that it was one small parcel and asked how could they justify £15? I was told that the date I had was only the courier collection date and not the date it arrived with them.....I was never aware that they didn't take the courier pick up date as the return date.

My argument is, how am I supposed to know how long the courier takes to return the parcel to them? If I return it the day after I get it and the courier takes 14 days to return to them, will they still charge me when it is clearly not my fault?

I said I would be happy to pay £3 for the parcel but not per item. He said that he didn't want to argue with me and was very patronizing. I told him that I was not going to pay this charge and he said he would send me a letter with clear details of their charges etc. Well...by this time, I wanted to jump down the phone and thump him! Being rude, cocky and patronizing must be one of the requirements when going for the job there!

I told him to go ahead and send the letter but I would be seeking advice and I also told him that I would never order from them again and that included Simply Be, Fashion World and many others that are all owned by J.D. Williams. Their loss as I buy quite a few items throughout the year.

Watch this space!