One of the best purchases I've ever made

bethjackson's review of I Love My Kanken - www.ilovemykanken.com

“One of the best purchases I've ever made”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by bethjackson (1 review written)

I had been considering buying a Kanken for a while and I only hadn't as I'm a poor student however I was sure they were worth saving for as I knew the quality was great. When I finally had some money I got around to buying one and was not disappointed. I chose tan as I wanted a neutral colour that would go with everything but was still on trend, however I could have gone with many of their other choices of colours (if I get another, I really want the yellow). I've got the classic size although considered getting the laptop one but felt the price increase was a little too much when I could get a top shock absorber case to be used in any bag for the same amount. It's a little smaller than I imagined it would be however it fits more than I first expected (a 13 inch macbook pro in a case perfectly may I add). I carry a lot around on a daily basis, I'm an art student and also someone who packs for all eventualities and this bag deals with it all. I'm particularly fond of the thin straps (they may look uncomfortable when carrying heavy loads however they are surprisingly not), I have other backpacks and many of them have unsightly thick padded shoulder straps, even for small bags.
The design is classic and the side pockets have proved extremely useful for quickly shoving my phone, train tickets, house keys etc into.
I received this bag two weeks ago and there is yet to be a day when I haven't used it. It's going to be a friend to my back for a long time to come.

• Goods purchased & cost