Absolutely disgraceful

AlisonP1975's review of Dresses Online - www.dressesonline.co.uk

“Absolutely disgraceful”

Written on: 07/04/2013 by AlisonP1975 (1 review written)

Ordered a few things online from China and had no problems at all so when I saw the perfect dress for my sister in law who is MOH at my wedding had no hesitation in ordering. She is a plus size and to be absolutely sure it would fit ordered the size above which she measured to ensure that it fit around the bust.
They charge £12 extra for sizes UK20 and upwards but and quite a hefty delivery charge compared to others but it was the right dress so paid a total of £98.
I have always done lots of research ono companies from China but as this was apparently a UK website I was a little less diligent I suppose. When I got confirmation of order it said E Dresses Global. I started to research and then to panic.
To be fair the dress arrived much more quickly than they had said- but when it did arrive it was not a plus size which i had paid extra for. It was also terribly finished.
I contacted Live chat and they gave me an address to email. They responded very quickly asking for pictures. I sent these and they offered me £30 to keep the dress- which was of no use to me. I replied and they offered £40 and after several emails they would not offer more I accepted. They sent an email telling me to wait patiently, I replied and said they took the money quick enough they should refund just as quickly. As yet I have had no refund.......

• Royal Blue Evening Dress

Cazzer27's Response to AlisonP1975's Review

Written on: 11/04/2013

I ordered and paid for a dress (they added £5.66 for some reason so in total £100.66 was taken from my account instead of £95) on 13.02.13 - I am still waiting for the dress and cannot get anyone to respond to my emails. I have also tried on-line chat and had no response. The customer care line 24/7 number was defunk. I tried again each day and have left messaes for them to invstigate and get back to me, but still nothing. Does anyone have an email address/number that actually works please? I'm thinking of getting my bank involved and reporting to Fraud dept. Thanks

Alisonp1975's reply to Cazzer27's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2013

They did exactly the same to me- I purchased at £98 and it appeared on my statement as £102.34. Did you pay with credit card? If so search for Section 75 refund. Your card provider should offer you a refund for transactions over £100. Anyway I have still not had a refund despite several emails, all from different people at different addresses saying that I will get one if I wait patiently! Try customerservice5.dresses@gmail.com or customer_service@weddingdresseslove.net or weddingdressesonlineuk@yahoo.com I think your card provider is your best bet though.