Rude arrogant staff

DBHat's review of Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Rude arrogant staff”

Written on: 18/05/2013 by DBHat (1 review written)

I visited their bond street store this afternoon, in a rush to pick up a pair of earrings. I bought a pair only to return after an hour as I found a more apt pair in another store. I requested for a refund and I was rudely told by one of the staff that I should have asked about their refund policy before buying the earRings. I would have understood but this was after an hour! I was then told condescendingly that I need to know about hygiene which was flat out rude and hurtful. I explained that I had obviously not tried them on. Finally, the manager said it wasn't a problem to begin with. The girl I interacted with just decided to refuse and proceed to be rude, its a disgrace having that sttitude. I will never step foot in dp again.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

Consumerrightshelp's Response to DBHat's Review

Written on: 09/06/2013

First of all- no shop has to give you a refund simply because you changed your mind. It is something most shops do for good customer service, but sadly people think it's their inheritant right.

Second of all- it's written on the back of the receipt that earrings are non refundable (unless faulty) for hygiene reasons. It doesn't matter how long you had them. Just in the same way that you can't return bikini bottoms with the hygiene strip removed.

Third of all- dp only limits this policy to earrings and bikini bottoms. Some shops won't refund ANY jewellery

dorothyperkins.co.uk