Customer Service

litchick's review of Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Customer Service”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by litchick (1 review written)

First, the clothes are adorable, and they run really great sales. I ordered once from them with zero problem and loved everything. Just ordered a second time and had a bit of an issue, though.

It's difficult to track down the number for customer service, because none of the links for the number on their website actually lead anywhere (it's +44.1932.219380). The wait time is kind of ridiculous, but when I finally got through to someone she was helpful. It's added inconvenience when you're calling from the US and the call is costing you an arm and a leg while you're on hold, though.

*NB: Be careful when placing an online order, and double-check that everything is 100% right. After I hit confirm and pay, the amount that came up was $30 higher than what I'd agreed to pay (apparently faster shipping somehow got selected).

After our phone conversation they did tell me that they would credit me the $30 as a 'courtesy gesture' since I'd just placed the order, but that they can't refund the money until after the order has shipped. She said she'd send me an email confirmation straight away, and I double checked she had the right address. It's been about two days and no email. So, fingers crossed, but I can't say I'm extremely hopeful.

• $78 ($108 charge)