Worst online purchase that I have ever made.

Guest's review of Direct Sunglasses - www.directsunglasses.co.uk

“Worst online purchase that I have ever made.”

Written on: 26/09/2011

Bought a pair of rayban sunglasses online for £88.70. Delivery was supposed to be a few days. Payment duly deducted. Nearly two months later, the sunglasses have yet to appear. The telephone number for the website does not work. Emails are replied to (unprofessionally, by someone with very poor written English) relatively promptly saying that there have been "problems with the suppliers", "delivery will be in 3 to 5 working days". This conversation has been had 3 times. I have cancelled the order but am yet to hear whether this will be listened to. There is no cancel facility online. I will be reporting this to trading standards and initiating proceedings with my bank to reclaim payment due to online fraud.

• £88.70

• Still waiting

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2011

I totally agree - I purchased sunglasses over 6 weeks ago, with payment taken within days, and despite numerous phonecalls and emails with the same response as yourself (difficulties with supplier, should be sent in the coming few days) I am yet to receive the sunglasses. My holiday has since been and gone and they are no longer responding to any emails. I do not know how to get my money back. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM DIRECT SUNGLASSES!!!!

Srljrdn's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2011

I have had exactly the same experience with this company. I will also be making contact with trading standards and I urge you all to do the same. As it seems they have used the same script on us all from supply issues to the 4 week wait.

Samanth4's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2011

My account online now says that I have been refunded - but there's no money in my bank account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh1981's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2011

Exactly the same appalling service I have received!
Payment was taken within hours and they have held my money for 3 months with no delivery of goods.

I have now canceled the order, which will take 4 weeks to refund!?! I have never known ANY successful retail business that has asked my to wait as ridiculous a length of time as this to simply have my own money back when they are aware they cannot fulfill what is being requested of them. It's literally daylight robbery.

My refund is due tomorrow, and I hold little hope for a good result.

If you want to speak with someone the only option is to call Accuity Opticians who seem to be the same company. Call this number 020 8979 2403. Although if you get the same service I have you will be no better off. Over all sickeningly bad company. I cannot say this enough - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!