DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

AngryReviewer100's review of Direct Sunglasses - www.directsunglasses.co.uk

“DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY ”

Written on: 05/07/2011 by AngryReviewer100 (1 review written)

This is a recent email i sent to the them, it will give you a clear picture of this fraudulant company:

Email:

I will not start this letter with any pleasantries, but let me tell you a chronological story...

1. On the 7th April 2011, I ordered a pair of sunglasses from your company. They didn't arrive at my doorstep as your website said it would within 3-5 Day dispatch. So I go on holiday without sunglasses and think as the price for the sunglasses is relatively cheap, I will keep my order and the sunglasses will be waiting for me when I get back.

2. Surprise surprise, they are not there. So I write to you on 17th April 2011 asking for an update on the order, and you write back 6 days later (23rd April)!!! (This is ridiculous customer service). Your response is the following:

Hi there,

We have had to order that model in from our suppliers and shall be expecting those in to us by the early part of next week. We shall be shipping direct to the address you provided the same day they arrive with us.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards

Direct sunglasses

So I give you the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to arrive.

3. ONE MONTH GOES BY.

As one would imagine, I lost my patience and just wanted my money back from your dodgy company. So I call you on 25th May 2011 to demand my money back. I receive an email stating: "Customer has called to cancel the order. This has been passed to our accounts department for processing".

4. It is now 12th June 2011 and surprise surprise, no refund into my bank account. So now I'm thinking..."wow I actually need to beg this company for my money back". So I write to you to give me an update. Note here that a good customer service team (within any business with half decent ethics) would keep the customer updated in regards to progress of orders, refunds or anything in that matter.

5. 15th June 2011 - I hear from you:

Hi there,

Sincere apologies for the delay with your refund.

Our accounts department are aware of your refund. We do try and process refunds within 10 working days, however it can take up to 30 days to complete a refund. We are legally within our rights and it does state this in our Terms and Conditions.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Because you requested your refund on 25/05/2011, I can confirm it will be completed for you by/on 25/06/2011.

Kind Regards,

Direct Sunglasses

Are you kidding me??? But I politely reply "Ok that's fine - I look forward to receiving it."

Do you not think that you should be treating this as a matter of urgency given that I placed the initial order on the 7th April!? But still I think to myself fine.

6. Now we get to the best part - I can confirm it will be completed for you by/on 25/06/2011. Today is the 2nd July 2011. Still no money. Even if your term of service: "refunds due will be processed with 30 days" meaning "oh lets treat this customer in the worst possible manner and process on the very last minute of the very last business day preceding the 25th June" was true, even then the £125.83 should be in my account by now.

This has been the worst e-commerce shopping experience I have ever had and even the most patient and tolerant person can lose it.

SO NOW I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU: WOULD YOU LIKE TO SETTLE THIS MATTER IN OR OUT OF COURT? You have 2 business days to respond.

• Sunglasses - £125

• Still waiting

Written on: 17/07/2011

I tried to purchase Persol sunglasses from the same company on 16 June 2011 and they took £184.86 from my bank account on the same day. Again, they were due to despatch the sunglasses within 3-5 days, and failed to do so. I followed this up by phone and was given an assurance that 3-5 days meant 3-5 working days and that the sunglasses would arrive soon. Again, the sunglasses failed to arrive and so I telephoned and cancelled the order. I was told the money would be immediately refunded. Some weeks later, the money has not been refunded and I haven't heard anything either. I'm off to the police.

Samanth4's Response to AngryReviewer100's Review

Written on: 26/09/2011

Did anyone get their money back?

Written on: 30/08/2011

I'm in sympathy wit all three of you on this. I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Direct Sunglasses at the beginning of August. I was told after a couple of days that the glasses weren't in stock. I was offered a chance to choose an upgraded pair at no extra cost or to take a refund. I opted for the refund. Still awaiting for the refund 21 days later! I have also done the same as the reviewer and sent them an email to ask where my refund was and I got the same answer as the reviewer; the order was with the accounts dept. and I could expect to wait up to 30 days for a refund.

Well we'll wait and see if I am refunded in the next week to two weeks. I am seriously doubting that any refund will come though!

Stay away from this dodgy company!! Take a leaf out of Amazon's book Direct Sunglasses!

Mandyp's Response to AngryReviewer100's Review

Written on: 28/08/2011

What an absolute joke this company are!
3-5 day dispatch is a complete lie, Im waiting three weeks on and can see me becoming one of the poor people reviewing again in days, weeks, months still without my sunglasses! NOT GOOD!

Written on: 10/08/2011

Having a similar problem - ordered glasses in January which were apparently in stock but didn't arrive until March. Didn't suit so sent straight back and guess what I still haven't got refund. Would love to know how you have got on.