Terrible Terrible Terrible

Gunnbi26's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“Terrible Terrible Terrible ”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by Gunnbi26 (1 review written)

I was very impressed with the choices offered on the website. I finally found the dresses, rather expensive but worth it. I provided my measurements as asked for, the measurements were done by a professional. The dresses turned up as long as the height head to toe, a huge mistake for people who perceive them selves as professionals. Furthermore, the dresses were nothing like in the pictures. I have contacted the company to try and resolve this but to no avail, they keep making silly excuses. I attach their excuse of a solution.

​​​Dear Victoria,
So sorry for any inconvenience.​Please accept our sincerest apologies as we let you down.After consulting with our manager,we will refund you 15 pounds as compensation.We hardly earn a little from it and we spent much time and energy to make your dress.
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Sincerely,
Coco​

• Dresses £200

• Up to a week late

L.mic's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2014

I absolutely agree! I am on the same boat, I ordered two dresses for my engagement party and they turned out to be disastrous! They were too long, too big, a hole in the armpit for no reason, distorted inbuilt bras, i looked like a freak when i wore it with the left bra folding over into a straight line, the fitting was wrong, they used cheap materials, the corset boning was sticking out and digging into my skin, there's no smoothness to the dresses. They were nothing like the model pictures they advertised. I ended up buying a new dress. I contacted them about a refund and they've been going round in circle saying i should take it to a local tailor to adjust and they can't see anything wrong with them. If i wanted to pay extra money to a tailor i would have asked them to make them in the first place! I have asked for a UK number and address as i would like to take it further and they have totally refused to acknowledge any of my requests and keep saying they can't see anything wrong but will refund 15pounds for the hole in the armpit and hope that i understand. It is so frustrating! The dresses cost a lot of money and I had to pay express charge on top! I'm up for taking this further.

Mary1825's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2014

In the exact same situation...2 dresses that i will never end up wearing. They even have the audacity to suggest I sell it online!
I have tried tirelessly to get a refund and have just been going round in circles for a whole month with emails back and forth, them refusing and stating they think the dresses are 'beautiful'- They are not, they are awful cheap and plastic. I am so frustrated and angry as I have just thrown away a good 250 pounds down the drain.
They do not even operate from the UK, we must be able to take this further! any suggestions how?

Kc67's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2014

If you paid by credit or debit card your card company will look into your complaint and can refund any money paid

Kc67's Comment