Beware - Dress looks nothing like item on website

Sidney136's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“Beware - Dress looks nothing like item on website”

Written on: 15/03/2014 by Sidney136 (1 review written)

I ordered a dress for my daughters prom, this should be a magical time for her, she was so excited, we are not well off, I ordered the dress, paid £134.00 including delivery. The dress arrived and it was awful, it looked like it was made by a 10 year old. the sequins fell off, the dress did not resemble the picture at all, not even similar, in fact my Daughter thought they had sent the wrong dress by mistake. When I complained they asked me to send photos, which I did, then they asked for more photos, which again I sent. They eventually replied to say 'sorry that you didn't like the dress' but basically they would not let me return for a refund. I now have an awful dress that I wouldn't dress my worst enemy in and no dress for my Daughters prom and no money for a replacement. I wouldn't touch this company again with a barge pole, am disgusted and appalled with their response.

• a-line-strapless-sweetheart-neck-floor-length-taffeta-and-tulle-evening-gowns

__Chloe's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2014

hi, my prom is coming up soon and i have my eyes set on a dress from this site. i don't know whether to order from this site because of the mixed reviews. i was just wondering if the dress was actually the one from the picture on the site? i know you said it was bad quality but i was just wondering if the site actually sends the dress you see displayed.

Fairway1's Comment

Written on: 17/04/2014

Hi, I have to be honest the dress I ordered for my daughter looks nothing like the one on the website, I know they are cheap but take my advice, go to a shop and try one on, it may cost you more but will save you a lot of heartache in the long run. I am still fighting to try and get my money back. We were very lucky in that relatives have helped to buy another one or the truth would be she would have no prom dress! My advice is don't order from this company!