Suddenly not so helpful

Guest's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“Suddenly not so helpful ”

Written on: 21/10/2013

I ordered 3 standard not customised dresses
tried to cancel one at 12 hours and told already being made
three dresses just under 300 pound arrived very cheap looking fabric and none fit
told nothing can be done
shocking service as soon as have money dont seem to be as helpful
how can 3 standard dresses not be possible to return and refund
never use the service ever again

• 300

Claire-Diy-Dress-Dont's Comment

Written on: 22/10/2013

I'm very sorry to hear that :-( have you contacted your bank? After my experience with them I have discovered that we do have the right for a refund. If you haven't already done so, phone your bank and quote the Distance Buying Regulation Act which protects you from situations like this and your bank should fight it for you.
My bank have given me the money back through the chargeback scheme whilst they fight it with them. It will take a while I presume but I will fight it tooth and nail before I see these people keeping my money for good.

I hope you get it sorted soon!

Written on: 25/10/2013

hi.
So sorry disturb you again, but when we see your comments here, we were disappointed, please check your mailbox and our return policy on our site.And we made your dress immediately after your confirmation of your order, because from making one dress to shipping out, we need many programs, thereby we need to guarantee the products you got is high quality and exquisite workmanship, so when you emailed us to cancel the order, your dress has been cropped good and began to make. As we released our policy just also let our customers consider clearly before placing one order, and after customers placed order, we will email you to confirm order’s information, just to avoid cancelling orders a long time later after placing orders, if our all customers just like you, what we do? we also lost more we has loss, you also will has a unhappy shopping experience, so also please you can understanding, can comply with our policy, if our products or service has any errors, we will make a self-criticism, and have been improving our products and our service.Thank you for your understanding, and on your next order will give you a big discount, thanks!
Regards

Claire-Diy-Dress-Dont's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2013

You were disappointed? I must say I was very disappointed to learn that my full refund wouldn't be given back to me only five days after I ordered it. I don't think you could even measure my disappointment in your company and in myself for not reveiwing your website thoroughly before purchasing from diydresses.

Your comment on 'exquisite workmanship" is laughable as the vast majority of your customers are dissatisfied with the quality of your workmanship. Your customers have clearly informed your company (time and time again) that your dresses are not of the same quality or indeed even resemble the dresses that they think they are buying from your company. You advertise dresses thare are clearly stolen images from authentic designers. Do you inform your customers of this before they buy your dresses? NO.

Maybe most customers would understand your policy a bit better if they knew exactly what they were buying and if they knew that what they were receiving was indeed what they had seen from your website.

I have received your email in my inbox but I did not like the tone of your letter. Im afraid I am not 'wasting my time' or your 'expensive' time when I am asking for my money back.
Nor will I 'save myself time' by leaving it.

I fully intend to pursure receiving my full refund, and I don't feel like I am wasting my time on getting back the money that I have worked hard for, without something to show for it.

As I have pointed out to you, you are working as a business and the most important people in your business are your customers (or should be). The only thinkg you are showing your customers is that you only want their money and that you are not considering their feedback. Evidence of this is the amount of peole who have negatively reviewed your website. Your 'policy' is worthless and unlawful.
Read the 'Distance Regulation 2000 Act' for online buying.
Your company is not exempt from this law.

As for your final comment of a 'big discount' your are delusional if you think I would EVER consider purchasing from your website again. And no I do not 'understand' your policy or your company's treatment of customers so there is no need to thank me.

Finally, to sum up your company and its dishonesty, I would just like to take this opportunity to tell customers exactly what tricks you get up to to make sure that people are not aware of dissatisfied customers:

DIY DRESSES posted the same robotic post that they do to all customers to show that they are actually carrying out some sort of customer service -except when I gave them my order number they FAILED to even email me with the 'help' that they promised.
Then DIY DRESSES reported my comment to administrators as being untrue and I have managed to prove it is an authentic complaint.
And to top it all off, the then DIYDRESSES contacted the administrators of the reviewcentre to tell them that they had been in contact with me and that I wished for my comments to be taken off their review website. ALL LIES!

Now if this doesnt show they have something to hide then...

Again, to potential customers, please DO NOT buy from this company unless you want weeks and months of hassle from uncaring and ignorant customer service advisors or indeed if you want a completely different dress from what you ordered.

which is made from different fabric and is not to the same standard or even resembles the dresses that you advertise on your website.

Suzeed's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2013

Well said! I hope you get your refund. Keep fighting and I am sure you will.

Dresshunter's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2013

Oh my Lord!!! I have just nearly ordered 4 bridesmaid dresses but decided to take a quick look online for reviews of the company. Are they really this bad?
Spending weeks looking online for dresses, I could tell straight away that the images on the website are not of there own dresses as I have seen the same images on other sites. I presumed that they just make the dress to the same style of the one in the image but would expect it to look the same, from reading these comments I am extremely hesitant in ordering anything online.

Written on: 30/01/2014

haha well said is right diydresses is a joke!!! we are in the middle of a case right now

Written on: 30/01/2014

hahahahhahah i dont think anyone will be ordering again your products are a joke!!!!!

300Poundworseoff's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2013

I have now requested your UK postal address over 25 times!
Why can no one provide this and keep giving me email responses that are a joke.
I wish to write a formal complaint following various sources of advice so please provide!

Written on: 24/10/2013

Dear Customer,
Hi,

I am so sorry about all this, could you please tell me your order number, we will check your order and make sure all about this. And will give you a reply. Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

300Poundworseoff's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2013

Please don't patronise my saying have a nice day
I have 3 cheap dresses and 300 pound worse off
I am soon to pursue legal advice as despite my 32 requests for your full UK address to enable a formal complaint you still pursue me with hideous emails as above and keep asking me to measure the dress
Provide your UK address details as this is the most frustrating and hideous organisation I have ever encountered and I will for not only myself but all the others that have complained be now taking this matter more seriously

Written on: 31/10/2013

Dear Customer,
Hi,

Kind regards,

Written on: 30/01/2014

hahahhaah order number again this is a joke come on now you will not give your address