STAY CLEAR OF DIY DRESSES

Claire-DIY-DRESS-DONT's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“STAY CLEAR OF DIY DRESSES”

Written on: 16/10/2013 by Claire-DIY-DRESS-DONT (1 review written)

I hate that I have to give this at least one star rating.

I am sick of dealing with this company who have effectively stolen £150 from me.

I cancelled my order 5 days after placing the order as I found that they had A LOT of bad reviews (I realise now I should have did this before placing the order :-/ lesson truly learned)

I felt that if I cancelled it within the 7 days cooling off period, in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulation 2000 act, I would save myself A LOT of hassle in terms of having to return the dresses as I realised through looking at reviews that there was a great possibility they would be unsuitable, ill fitting and cheap looking.

I also found out that as well as your delivery fee, you also get a bill for export fees two weeks after delivery and this could be as much as £100. This is the customers liability not the company so unless you want to involve courts it must be paid.
This was another reason I decided to cancel the dresses.

I thought cancelling would be fairly straight forward and that I would get a refund since they weren't even dispatched. How wrong was I? I was offered only £20 back for the delivery fee.

After MANY emails back and forth I realised I was getting absolutely no where so I have raised a dispute with my bank.
I have been refunded through the chargeback scheme (for now) but obviously the bank need to win the case in order for it to be finished. I am hoping it will be resolved soon but it has taken a lot of time and correspondence to get to this point.

I am still receiving emails from diy dresses almost daily for the past 4 weeks telling me I am being unreasonable and that I will cause them to be bankrupt. It is infuriating.

My advice to anyone who is still thinking of purchasing from this company is to please read through all of the reviews as the MAJORITY are very bad reviews.
The customer service is great until the customer is not happy and then you have no hope as they are only interested in keeping your money.
These dresses are made to order from images that have been stolen from other designers. They do not use the same materials and will most likely not look like the picture.
They do not use the same fabrics as advertised and most likely will be nothing like the colour on screen (they blame the customer for this usually for not having a very good resolution on their computer monitor to add insult to injury).

Please take advice from other experienced customers and stay away from this unscrupulous company.

Ps they are also known to write their own good reviews so if you come across any in broken English it is most likely to be them.

C x

• £151

• Still waiting

Diydress's Response to Claire-DIY-DRESS-DONT's Review

Written on: 18/10/2013

Hi,

I am so sorry about all this, could you please tell me your order number, we will check your order and make sure all about this. And will give you a reply. Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
DIYdress Team

Claire-Diy-Dress-Dont's reply to Diydress's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

You are not sorry otherwise you would have helped me weeks ago.

It is interesting that you only use the word 'sorry' when customers are writing truthful reviews about what to expect when dealing with your company. If you were sorry then you would change your customer service but instead people are complaining about the SAME things.
Where would you be without your customers? Absolutely no where and you know this. Yet you do not respect your customers.
The stress you have put me through under that past four weeks after losing all that money has been shocking. You are disgusting for treating people that way and you shouldn't be allowed to continue as a company.

You put on this false pretence on here that you care about your customers negative review. However it has taken the customer this far to write a bad review before you show any consideration for their situation but I imagine this is only for the benefit of future customers rather than the benefit of the complainer.

My order no is 100020733, but unless you intend to refund me with the full amount including delivery then don't bother emailing me back because I have had enough of your cheeky emails. Besides my bank are coming after you for the money anyway and I expect that this will be the only way I will ever see my money again.

I wrote this review not in hope of getting my money back (because after the past few weeks it has been made abundantly clear you have no intention of refunding it) but to warn any potential customers about what they are letting themselves in for.

It will be interesting though to see if your company has any shred of decency left and I intend to post what happens next...

Many sites all say the same thing because they are the LAW. This is what my bank will be explaining to you when they come for my money so perhaps you should read it beforehand. Your 'strict policies' are worthless because they are not LAWFUL.

300Poundworseoff's reply to Claire-Diy-Dress-Dont's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2013

Hi

I am aiming to report them to trading standards and consumer watchdog
After 47 requests I got told they are in Hong Kong
Their email replies are a joke and they should be shut down based on customer service alone let alone the hideous dresses that are cheap
300 wasted I will never recommend this company to anyone.

Yasdave's Response to Claire-DIY-DRESS-DONT's Review

Written on: 06/12/2013

Just wanting to put something here as I did the same mistake and ordered my wedding dress with them.

when I saw the dress in their website, I fell in love with dress. So without doing any research about the company, I just ordered the dress.

when finally it arrived , I was kind of shocked and couldn't believe what I'm seeing . The dress was too big and it had a detachable coat which was too short and couldn't even cover my bust. it had very bad quality and it seemed made by a very unprofessional tailor .

I tried to get a refund, but they just came back to me with funny excuses,lots of rubbish, and blamed me for giving them the wrong size. they even changed the dress name on their website (removed the detachable bit of the name) and said I asked them to made the coat detachable even though i had the confirmation email stating the coat is detachable .

hopefully someone will stop them from ripping off people very soon. I'm going to help this happen as I'm not giving up on my money.