Go for a better quality service

Guest's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“Go for a better quality service”

Written on: 13/10/2013

DIY Dress's customer service is bad and the dress doesn't look the same.

I ordered a size 8 dress, which is advertised as having an 89cm bust. I took my measurements and my bust is exactly 89cms. When my dress arrived I couldn't even come close to doing it up and after some thoughts about getting it tailored here in the UK to avoid postage charges I thought I'd email DIY Dress. At first they were helpful and asked for photos and me to measure my bust again, but then they replied with an email saying I'd had the dress more than 7 days and so is outside of their complaints policy.

This is half reasonable (7 days is not a long time though), I understand that there has to be a time limit - I never actually wanted to send it back, ideally all I wanted was for someone to tell me what my options were (i.e. to consider the cost of exchange for a bigger size in comparison to the possible cost of a tailor) and to tell me that there is extra fabric in the dress to make alterations easy. I would have definitely still gone for taking it to the tailor myself so I can have it fitted. It just irritates me to be told it's outside of their complaints time, they made the darn dress the least they can do is send me 1-2 emails as professionals and give me an idea of what I should do and maybe apologise for sending me a size that's too small after saying they tailor it to your shape!

I'm also disappointed with the overall look of the dress, the lace overlay looks cheap and nothing like the lace used in the photo online. It looks like ice skating attire, not ideal for a wedding!

I recommend going with a more expensive with provider that offer a good returns service.

• 80GBP

Diydress's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Dear Customer,

I am so sorry about all this, could you please tell me your order number, we will check your order and make sure all about this. And will give you a reply. Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
DIYdress Team

Kerryc13's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Hi there

My order no was 100020521.

Cheers

Diydress's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2013

hi,there,thanks for your reply,we are sorry for the inconvenience,we have checked anything,and our manager has emailed you,so please check your email box,hope you can satisfy our reply,have a nice day.
Regards