absolutely terrible

Guest's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“absolutely terrible”

Written on: 29/08/2013

I ordered my dress in plenty of time, in there form they ask when the dresses is needed for. I got my dress the day BEFORE the date I had told them my wedding was. I ordered the size up from what I needed, ie a 20 when I needed an 18, it arrived 2 sizes too small. I contacted customer service immediately and they asked for all the size details of the dress. I supplied them all to show them their mistake. They replied a few days later telling me the photos didn't show them details correctly. I had the size shown from afar and close to show the numbers on tape measure. They refused to refund me, they refused to take return of the dress. I also ordered from them as they had a UK web address, don't be fooled they are in China! To add insult to this I got billed for the import of this dress too. I had 2 weeks to find a replacement wedding dress, so I had to pay for 2 dresses and as any bride knows planning a wedding is expensive and stressful. So avoid this company and the stress of it arriving too close to deadline and not fitting. I would NEVER recommend DIYdress.co.uk to anyone.

• Wedding dress at the cost of £145 after the import tax was added. £75 on site

• A few weeks late

Dear Customer,

I am so sorry for all inconvenience. Could you please tell me your order number?

We will check your order and make sure what's the matter with your dress. If we make it wrong, we will give you a satisfied answer. Sorry again. Have a nice day!

Suzylew80's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

I have already dealt with your customer services. They were rude and unhelpful. I tried several times to get help. I no longer want anything to do with your company. I have taken the lose of my money and put your dress out of my view. It cause me so much distress dealing with your after service i ended up ill. I wrote my review as a warning to others. I recieved my dress five months ago and still have had it out twice once totry on. The second to measure for you to resolve the problem.

300Poundworseoff's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2013

I am 300 worse off. Company is based in Hong Kong and is a joke

Alynhockey's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2013

Having been through a similar incident, there are some steps you need to follow

1. Keep every email between you and Diy Dress
2. Get an independant dressmaker to compare the advertsied item and whatever rubbish they have sent you. Note they are very crafty as their sizing charts do not match the UK ones. Ask them for copies of their sizing in an email to use as evidence.
3. Contact your credit card about the transaction. They need to use the Chargeback scheme. They will ask you for evidence (see 1 and 2) and they will pursue the claim

It's worked for me and a number of others

Nagham's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2013

Hi,
I had also a problem with Diy dress ,,
They sent me the dress with different kind of fabric.
I sent them many times email, I sent photos but no use.
They said "the fabric is almost the same" so they refused to get the dress back, they refused to refund me !!!!!

I'm so angry , I'm so disapoited.
DON"T ORDER FROM THIS SITE !!!!! it is a waste of your moeny !!!

Dear Customer,

I am sorry for all inconvenience. Could you please tell me your order number?

We will check your order and make sure what's the problem with your dress, if we make it wrong, we will give you a satisfied answer. Sorry again. Have a nice day!

Dear Customer,

I am sorry for all inconvenience. Could you please tell me your order number?