Dress well made, speedy delivery, good value for money

Smartalex's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“Dress well made, speedy delivery, good value for money”

Written on: 13/07/2013 by Smartalex (1 review written)

A-line Strapless Empire Beaded Bodice Floor-length Chiffon Party Dresses

I was very apprehensive when I learned that the dress was coming from China. I was also not aware of 10% the import duty I had to pay to DHL for importing the dress. However, the dress arrived promptly, it is a perfect fit and it is very well made. It is quite heavy as it has a built in full length petty coat. They must be manning their customer service desk 24/7 as I received a prompt reply to all my queries. I am also impressed that after I placed the order I received an email enquiring whether I would like another 5cm added for high heels.

Immediately after I placed the order I tried to cancel it as I did not want to get goods from China. My credit card company informed me that I cannot withdraw a payment made, but should the goods be of inferior quality or not as described, or not delivered in time I could appeal for a refund.

So after a few anxious weeks I got a dress at about a third of the price I would have paid in the UK.

• Goods purchased & cost

Janetwakefield's Response to Smartalex's Review

Written on: 07/08/2013

hi,
id just like to say you are EXTREMELY lucky if this is the case.
i have to write a comment on this as myself and DOZENS of others of people have received a dress not fit for the dustbin.in my own case i ordered a red chiffon ball gown covered in tiny silver sequins with a sash at the back.what i actually received was a cheap tacky nylon dress with HUGE red sequins (the kind you get on a door curtain) with a broken zip ,sequins sewn wrong and half missing. the sash at the back was not central. my daughter was heartbroken.
the company do not want to know. you will certainly NOT get any money back. they are totally unscrupulous and unprofessional.
emails have been ignored, the phone not answered. i just hope others read this and dont risk it. as ive said you are very lucky and im pleased for you.....there has been many weddings, proms and other special events totally ruined by this company.
how they can sleep at night is beyond me!

Smartalex's reply to Janetwakefield's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2013

I know I am extremely lucky. I was waiting with dread for the delivery. I only read their reviews after I placed the order. I get the impression that they realised that a scheme has a limited lifetime, and they attempted to rescue their operation. No doubt that if their reputation get too bad they can always open up under another name. I contacted them immediately after placing the order telling them about my concerns. They pleaded for a good review and promised that the dress will be of good quality. I feel very sorry for all the other people who have been affected - this was a close shave and in future I will be more careful where I buy from.

Alecs85's Response to Smartalex's Review

Written on: 10/08/2013

Hi, I am very surprised by your review. As she said, you must be extremely lucky. You mentioned that the price you paid was a third of what you have paid in the UK for it. That's similar to what the customer support told me when I complained about the quality of the dress I received. He said I shouldn't complain since I only paid a fraction of what I would have paid for it in the UK. But reality is, for the 120 GBP I paid overall with taxes,because it was shipped from China, I actually would have gotten a much better one from French Connection or KM. And this is what I ended up doing in the end.