Don't buy from these people

Aliwilliams123's review of DIY Dress www.diydress.co.uk

“Don't buy from these people”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by Aliwilliams123 (1 review written)

I bought two bridesmaid dresses from these people in february 2013. The dresses were not made to measure but taken from the measurements given in DIYDRESS sizing chart. The dresses arrived without labels and both were too small, particularly in the bust measurement, 4 inches different to the measurements given on the size chart, the dresses wouldn't even get near to doing up. I have returned the dresses at a further cost of £24, they have been received and signed for, but over 4 months later I am still waiting for a refund. Similar stories are being repeated over and over again by different customers. If your dress doesn't fit (often they don't match the measurements given as in my case), or is the wrong colour, style, finish etc, or in fact if you want a refund for whatever reason you can forget it. The so called customer service will initially tell you there is nothing wrong with the dress, then if you are persistant they stop answering any emails etc There is a specific facebook page called diydressreviews which has recently been set up as support for disgruntled customers, there are already over 30 members.

• Goods purchased & cost

Sheilapriest's Response to Aliwilliams123's Review

Written on: 05/07/2013

I have to agree, my daughter has just had the same problem... And despite the fact the company states they will exchange or refund ...they don't ..the dresses are awfull poor quality and certainly not made to measure.. We ordered a size 10 and a custom made dress which should also have been longer but both dresses received we're exactly the same size and length. We have tried their uk phone number which puts you straight throughout to Hong Kong!!! And certainly not something expected for a .co.uk web site......!!! We have spoken to them and e mailed them several times but they are not interested at all!!!!!!!!!!!! And refuse to accept dresses are not right or give a refund...... This is someone's wedding they are messing with........