Skimping on quality & size

t1ger27's review of Cotton Traders www.cottontraders.co.uk

“Skimping on quality and size”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by t1ger27 (1 review written)

Having used Cotton Traders for some years for short sleeve rugby style shirts, I've noticed a gradual deterioration in quality of material and inconsistence in sizing. Shirts sized XL that I bought a few years ago and still fit me are equal in dimension to more recent 2 or even 3XL. In addition, as the chest measurement increases the length only increases marginally. Where are all these barrell chested dwarves? Also, this year they seem to only be doing shirts with a Guiness or Help for Heroes wording on them. Whilst I support the Help for Heroes organisation, I don't want their advertising across my chest.

Recently bought some shorts which I ordered size Large because I've got some from two years ago that are fine in that size. Had to return them, and pay postage, to get 2XL as an equivalent size! Skimping again.

Their T-shirts are over priced, baggy necked, and very thin. The sort of tat that you buy on a market stall.

What a come down for, what was, an excellent company

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit cottontraders.co.uk

Mrbig's Response to t1ger27's Review

Written on: 13/09/2015

Well I'm glad its not just me. I used to be able to wear an XL or if I wanted baggy a 2XL. Now I need a 3XL but my weight hasn't changed !

They have changed the cut and all the shirts - they too short in the body and the sleeves are too short and tight as well.

Not to mention the fact that the "Help for Heroes" "Guiness" and "Cotton Trader" labelled shirts all have completely different sizing. HFH 3XL I tried was HUGE but the Cotton Trader 2XL was not long enough.

cottontraders.co.uk