Be warned: Do not use Cotton Trader's mail order service!

Guest's review of Cotton Traders www.cottontraders.co.uk

“Be warned: Do not use Cotton Trader's mail order service!”

Written on: 03/05/2014

I have tried to contact Cotton Traders by email to voice my disappointment in their mail order service as I believe any business or company should be allowed the chance to put things right before criticizing them in a review. Their website states "If you still need to contact us after you have asked a question on our Help pages simply click on the CONTACT button at the bottom of the relevant Help page to e-mail our friendly Customer Care Team." but there was no email address anywhere on their site. It would appear that they do not wish to hear customer's comments unless by phone where calls cost 5p per minute. I bought 2 items of clothing from them on line a few days ago and was agreeably surprised at the quick delivery. Although one item was a good fit and satisfactory the second, a long sleeved tea shirt was very badly finished and unacceptable I decided to return it. I thought I could take it back to their outlet in our local town but visiting there today the lady I spoke to agreed the item was inferior but she couldn't accept it and I should return it by post. I realize I should have checked the small print before placing my order but was surprised on returning home to discover that I will now have to pay the postage for the return of Cotton Trader's shoddily produced item. I have shopped in their stores in the past for cotton shirts for my husband and been satisfied but this was a first on line purchase and sadly my last.

• Track suit bottoms & long sleeved Tshirt £34. plus postage

Visit cottontraders.co.uk

Drummond2Drew's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2014

I must agree with your comments. I have one item to return but find I have to print off a return form for Hermes stating parcel size etc. I have shopped online for years and used Cotton Traders in the past but never had to experience this sort of mucking about before. I wanted to email complaint but nowhere is there an email address. What are they afraid of. I don't know of any other mail order company that deals with returns in this way. In fact not sure what I am going to do about it yet. I know one thing I will not be using Cotton Traders again.

cottontraders.co.uk