don't expect your money back in a hurry

jessieuk's review of Cotton Traders www.cottontraders.co.uk

“don't expect your money back in a hurry”

Written on: 08/04/2013 by jessieuk (1 review written)

I've ordered from Cotton Traders twice, the first time a pair of boots that I loved. I wore them for about three to four months before the uppers parted company with the soles. Also there was flaking and cracking on the uppers making them look worn and shabby. I complained, offering to send pictures. The tone of their reply wasn't hopeful. They ignored the main thrust of my complaint, that a pair of boots should last a lot longer than 3mths focusing only on identifying a particular fault. I was told I'd need to return them at my expense for them to determine whether or not there was a fault. Since the basis of my complaint was that I consider 4 months too short a time for a pair of boots to become completely unwearable I decided not to risk wasting the £5 or £6 it would cost to return them. Foolishly I then ordered a second pair of boots from them.
I ordered a size 8, they sent a size 5. They had no more in stock, so I requested a refund. They at least were prompt in arranging to collect the boots, for which I give them one star. However I'm told they won't process my refund until the boots are entered back into their warehouse....which they say will take 10 to 14 working days. So it's possible they'll have had my £33 for anything up to 28days. Compare that to a recent return to Amazon when my money was back in my bank 72 hrs after the goods were returned.
I can't say any of the customer service staff were anything other than indifferent. Completely uninterested, take it or leave it. I'll be leaving it in future thanks.

• Sherpa lined ankle boots