terrible customer services & communications

vhvet's review of Cotton Traders www.cottontraders.co.uk

“terrible customer services and communications”

Written on: 05/12/2012 by vhvet (3 reviews written)

Placed a Cotton Traders web order for my mum , created an 'account' as asked. Mum needed more clothes so one week placed 2nd order on web, found I was already logged into the account, assumed it was automatically done, ordered goods and paid. Got email order confirmation, wrong delivery address, not the delivery address I used for first order . Delivery address is Mums address, where I am at the moment – other address is 240 miles away & no one at home at all cos I’m at mum’s. No near neighbours either. V surprised as I thought the website would hold the details in my 'account' - billing, delivery address etc. (Like Amazon does, it prompts you as to which address to use.)
Panic!! Rang Cotton Traders - ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL. They said ring in 1 hour to change delivery address, then in 1 hour they said they couldn't, then they said they couldn't even contact the warehouse (!!) to change delivery details, couldn't cancel the order, couldn't contact the courier to recall the parcel - absolutely nothing possible!! Then said the courier wouldn't leave goods without a signature, then courier wouldn't leave goods if no one in, then said courier would leave goods outside if no one in. They'd refund me if/when the parcel arrived back with them but up till then - nil they could do.
Turned out it was ALL my fault for 1. maybe not logging out of my 'account' properly when I placed the first order a week ago . 2. not reading their website properly and putting in the delivery address properly. 3 Not ringing up to place an order and using the website instead....
Heaven help you if you're a Cotton Traders customer - they just take the money and then stuff you. I'll try from 240 miles away to rescue my mums clothes in the parcel. And then I won't be bothering with them again.

• Goods purchased & cost