CLARKS SHOES - THEY ARE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT

Guest's review of Clarks www.clarks.co.uk

“CLARKS SHOES - THEY ARE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT”

Written on: 12/06/2012

On Saturday I went to the Clarks Guildford Friary Centre store for a pair of walking shoes. They did not have my size, and offered to either order them in or they could send them, via courier, to my home. I paid for the shoes and elected to have them sent to my home. My shoes never arrived. When I telephoned Clarks Customer Services they told me the courier had left them in the porch to my house. My house does not have a porch. They refused to refund my money until they had interviewed the courier driver. I reminded them my contact is between me and Clarks, and the courier is nothing to do with me, and I want my money back. If they choose to employ a dishonest courier that is up to them, and nothing to do with me. I went into the shop, and again I was told they would not refund my money until they had interviewed the courier. By this time I was very angry, the manager was so ineffective, and was more willing to let his customer walk out of his shop, than upset his customer service department. I assured him I would never use their company again.I telephoned Trading Standards who confirmed the contract is between me and Clarks, and their Courier company is nothing to do with me and they have no legal right to withhold my money and mist return it. I telephoned Clarks Customer Service again and asked to speak with a manager, I was told they are all busy, and cannot speak with me. Again I was told they would have to speak with the Courier first because he has confirmed he left the parcel in the porch of my house. My house does not have a porch, so he/she is not telling the truth, and Clarks are breaking the law by not honouring the contact between me and them. I would never use this company again. I also went into another of their branches as was told my a young assistant ''You are clearly a very difficult customer to please'' Great all I wanted was a flat pair of shoes and that statement says it all about their company. I would like to know what kind of courier company claims they left a parcel in the porch, when it can be proved my house does not have a porch, I would say a dishonest one. THEY HAVE MY MONEY AND I HAVE NOTHING, EXCEPT LOSS OF MY £49.99

• SHOES WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE, £49.99