Furniture

MRS.SIMMS.DAUGHTER's review of Chums www.chums.co.uk

“Furniture”

Written on: 18/08/2012 by MRS.SIMMS.DAUGHTER (1 review written)

My 77 year old mother bought a three piece suite in July last year, the cushions were all odd sizes, it is sooo uncomfortable to sit on then just before the guarantee ran out the springs broke in one of the chairs, they are fobbing her off now saying she is not entitled to her money back and that the manufacturers will arrange to come and fix it, this was two months ago and she hasnt heard anything since. I am writing to the furniture ombudsman as the customer service is a disgrace and considering it cost £1,100 I hope we can get some satisfaction through legal action....

• Goods purchased & cost

• A few weeks late

Nickclancy's Response to MRS.SIMMS.DAUGHTER's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

I am sorry that you feel this way considering we have organised to fix the problem with the springs. When we spoke to (name removed) in August, we did advise that unfortunately the manufacturer was closed down for the summer period and we apologised for this delay which was out of our hands. With regards to the cushions, when she spoke to us last year following her purchase, we did advise to allow the cushions to settle as they can be compressed due to the wrapping etc. She rang Chums back to confirm this had worked and she was happy with the Suite. I would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this situation to her satisfaction so perhaps you could contact me direct and I will do my upmost to help. My email address is nickc@chums.co.uk, name Nick Clancy, Head of Operations.