According to other reviews, 'Another fine mess'!

Goldcap's review of Chums www.chums.co.uk

“According to other reviews, 'Another fine mess'!”

Written on: 01/05/2012 by Goldcap (15 reviews written)

The dear old mother-in-law gave me a copy of the Chums catalogue as she knew I wanted a couple of items and had seen some in the book. Off went I signed up and placed my order. Some three weeks later I e-mailed them to find out what had happened to the items, only to be told there had been a problem with my order at the warehouse. 'Never mind we will send them priority' and fair enough they turned up two days later. Unfortunatly, both items were too large so off they went back to Chums via one of their collection centres. I had cancelled one item but asked for a smaller size in the other. Two weeks went by before I recieved a letter advising me that my account was £17.00 overdue??? What? Thought I, I haven't yet recieved any goods yet! I tried phoning Chums and spent ages waiting for a response. I then e-mailed the previous contact in customer services who, it has to be said, was most helpfull and resolved the problem straight away. I had by now secured another product and closed my account with Chums, not the best of experiences and if this was par for the course customer sevices have their work cut out.

• Goods purchased & cost