Do Not Ever Use This Company

paulcbee's review of Boohoo - www.boohoo.com

“Do Not Ever Use This Company”

Written on: 17/02/2017 by paulcbee (1 review written)

Made a large order from BooHoo, and returned some items which they confirmed they had accepted back on 3 Nov. No refund was received so I contacted them on 25 November. The customer service team said the refund to the credit card had failed (as it had expired and a new card issued - a common situation which Visa/MasterCard insist a retailer has processes to handle). Boohoo apparently knew about it but hadn't bother contacting me to let me know and just held on to the money.

New details were provided and I was promised a refund in 3 - 5 days. That never happened and I kept chasing. I asked for it to be escalated to a manager but they refused. I raised a separate complaint via resolver which was ignored by the customer service team, and their team leader when escalated to them.

Eventually, and only after tell them I was initiating legal action shortly, a refund was finally received in January over 2 months after the items were returned. But the only compensation was £5 in store credit despite them hanging on to my money for 2 months, which I clearly rejected. I have written to them giving one last chance else I will be going to the small claims court to get my compensation.

Learn from my mistake and avoid this appalling company. As I understand in Boohoo have:

• Breached the Consumer Contracts Regulations
• Breached their own terms and conditions
• Breached Visa Europe’s policies for handling refunds