Boo Hoo ...

Guest's review of Boohoo - www.boohoo.com

“Boo Hoo ... ”

Written on: 08/12/2013

I placed an order with Boo Hoo on Tuesday 3rd December for 3 items. At the time all items were in stock and the amount of £39.39 was debited from my bank account. This included delivery within 5 working days. I ordered the items in good faith that they would be received within this time and that all items would be delivered as they had debited the full amount from my account. 5 days later I receive an email from the company to advise 'Some items have been cancelled from order either at your request or due to no stock availability.' These items had been ordered for a Birthday present for my sister on Tuesday 10th December! I purchased the items at the time as there was no mention the items were out of stock and they happily debited me for all of the items! I have checked my bank account and the £18.00 has not been refunded! I am now left with the main present missing and the money for this item! I am disgusted it has taken 5 DAYS to notify me. Also the other two items have only just been shipped according to the email received this morning and will take upto a further 5 working days to be received. This means not only will I be missing the main present but also the other two items on her birthday! I emailed the customer service department regarding the above issues and the response I got was 'As we are a very popular and fast moving site we can on occasion experience a stock difference due to several customers trying to purchase the same item at once. This has unfortunately resulted in us having to cancel this item from your order, as we allocate the stock on a first come, first served basis. As stated in our terms and conditions all our products are subject to availability. I can confirm that there is a refund being processed on your account, once this completes you will be notified by email then please allow 3-5 working days for the refund to reach your account.' So now I am left with non of my items on time and have to wait god knows how long for my own money back!!! Fantastic service Boo Hoo!!!

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Visit boohoo.com

J0Ann3's Comment

Written on: 08/12/2013

Oh and I have now received an email to advise they are not refunding the full£18. Only £14.40!?!?!? ...awaiting a response to why I am not getting a full refund on an item I never received!!!!!

Boohoo.com's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2013

Hello.
Firstly, please accept my most sincere apologies for the trouble that you have had with your recent order with boohoo.com, and the problems that have arisen with it.
We really do try to make sure that all problems that may arise, are rectified as quickly as possible, and it does look like on this occasion we may not have given our usual great standard of service.
For us to rectify this for you, and restore your faith in us, we do need to be able to access your details, and unfortunately via this forum we are not able to do. I appreciate that you have contacted us via customer services already, but if you could please contact us again, and put F.A.O a Team Leader, we can take a full look at what has happened, and correct this for you.
Please allow us this opportunity to rectify this problem for you.
We do also fully appreciate all feedback, as it does help us to understand where we can develop and improve our Customer experience
Kindest Regards,.