Bad service, bad experience, false advertising - avoid!

Guest's review of Boohoo - www.boohoo.com

“Bad service, bad experience, false advertising - avoid!”

Written on: 03/12/2013

Before I ordered their website was displaying incorrect prices, next day delivery and showing stock as available when it actually wasn't. I ordered two dresses. On the 06/11 I received a parcel with one incorrect inferior skirt for £10 rather than the two dresses I had ordered for £21. This was down to their zero quality checking of their picking and packing team as the invoice was not signed by a quality control checker. I complained via their online complaints system and they refunded one dress as it was no longer available and offered to reorder the other dress for next day delivery. I returned the skirt in the post with a note stating wrong item received as they had instructed. On 08/11 they replied to say the next day delivery wasn't available, so I asked for the next available delivery time. On the 10/11 they replied to say that the dress wasn't in stock now so I should expect a refund. On the 30/11 I mailed them to ask about my refund as I still hadn't received it. Their reply was that I now needed to send proof of postage and are refusing to give me my refund. I think that as soon as I declared I had the wrong item the offer of a reorder was lip service and they never intended to send another dress as I had another item in my possession. It has been returned and they cannot find the stock in the system, so I have been charged £15 for absolutely nothing, a chain of e-mails, a bad experience and a waste of time. Avoid this online retailer as they have no understanding of customer service, keep your money and only deal with e-mails. I think this is because they have that many complaints they hide behind mails rather than having a call centre where you can actually speak to a person. I probably wont get my £15 back based on the other reviews on here and I am quite thankful it was only £15 and not hundreds as some people have lost. Disgusting business!

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit boohoo.com

Boohoo.com's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2013

Hello.
Firstly, please accept my most sincere apologies for the trouble that you have had with your recent order with boohoo.com, and the problems that have arisen with it.
We really do try to make sure that all problems that may arise, are rectified as quickly as possible, and it does look like on this occasion we may not have given our usual great standard of service.
For us to rectify this for you, and restore your faith in us, we do need to be able to access your details, and unfortunately via this forum we are not able to do. I appreciate that you have contacted us via customer services already, but if you could please contact us again, and put F.A.O a Team Leader, we can take a full look at what has happened, and correct this for you.
Please allow us this opportunity to rectify this problem for you.
We do also fully appreciate all feedback, as it does help us to understand where we can develop and improve our Customer experience
Kindest Regards,.