Not satisfied with defective item policy

Guest's review of Boohoo - www.boohoo.com

“Not satisfied with defective item policy”

Written on: 25/05/2013

I recently ordered several items from boohoo.com. One of the items arrived defective with many large stains on it and tears in the fabric. I contacted the the company about the defective item and was told that I could receive a replacement if the same item was still in stock and only after the defective item was returned.The original item I purchased is no longer in stock and I found an identical item in a different color, however I was told by a customer service representative that I could not exchange the defective item for this. The first email I received from boohoo.com stated that I could return the item using the free returns shipping label. Then I received an email stating that there is not a free return shipping option. My only option now is to return the defective item at my expense and as the email I received stated "If the Warehouse has confirmed that a faulty item has been sent we will refund the postage you’ve paid". Customers should not have to incur any additional costs for defective items that are received. I've paid for an item that I cannot use because it was sent to me in damaged condition, and my only option is to pay an additional cost to send it back for inspection and then receive a refund. In my opinion that is poor customer service.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit boohoo.com

Boohoo.com's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us on Review Centre.

We take all feedback received, be it positive or negative, very seriously as this is one of the factors in determining how we can improve the level of service to our customers.

We are sincerely sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service you have received and would like to be given the opportunity to rectify this.

Our customer service department is open 24/7 and available to help.

If you have any further queries or you would like an instant response, we also have our Facebook and Twitter pages which are monitored 24/7.

Kind Regards,