Appalling customer service

larrylongrat's review of Boohoo - www.boohoo.com

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 26/05/2011 by larrylongrat (1 review written)

My order turned up on time, however, as has been the case with their clothing before, the sizing was inconsistent; one item baggy, another miniscule. Plus they often use extremely thin, cheap material with the stitching finished off very poorly. I have emailed them saying this in the past, when I returned items and the reply was pretty rude and defensive.

Anyway, this time I returned the small cullottes. I had to email twice before they sent me a returns code so I could post it, this took a few days and I was worried I wouldn't get it in time to return the item. However, I put it down to the bank holidays. Then I received my confirmation email they had my item a while later. 35 days after buying the garment I still had not received my refund. I emailled them 9 times in total, I was only replied to ten days later. Now it will take a further 3-5 days for the money to be in my account, so around 40 days in total. Crazy.

I received absolutely no apology, even though I emaailed suggesting they should do so. However, looking at their facebook page and the insane number of complaints they probably don't have time to apologise to us all. Seems everyone complains about their awful customer service and I wish I had read that first. I will never order with Boohoo again, they do not value their customers at all.

• A dress and cullottes £30, ordered from them before though

Visit boohoo.com

Boohoo_Help's Response to larrylongrat's Review

Written on: 25/10/2011

Hi there my name is Hayley, I am the Social Media Advisor at boohoo.com. Please let me start by apologising for the inconvenience caused to you. I can understand that these circumstances have led to stress and upset. I must say that this is a very unusual occurence and as a department boohoo Customer Services are doing very well and receive feedback from many happy customers but I understand that these things do happen from time to time. I have passed your comments on to the relevant person to ensure this does not happen again. We have had several developments since May of this year when I can see this review was posted. I'd like to take this opportunity to explain some of the added features. We have launced our Customer Services facebook page which is linked to the boohoo.com official page. This page is used only for boohoo customer enquiries. We also have a Twitter page @boohoo_cshelp which provides instant online response during working hours. FAQs can now be found on our brand new Customer Services blog at http://boohoohelp.tumblr.com/. We greatly appreciate all feedback provided by our customers. Thank you for your review. I hope your experience has not put you off shopping with us again.

Best Wishes