Mini Boden = Poor Quality - First & last time as customer

Guest's review of Boden www.boden.co.uk

“Mini Boden = Poor Quality - First and last time as...”

Written on: 26/12/2013

As a mother to a 3 1/2 year old, I like to buy quality clothes at a reasonable price. Clothes have to be of good quality and durability, hence I prefer to buy from MS and Next for my LO generally at sale time or second hand items on Ebay.

I was enticed by a £15 money off voucher sent in the post to me last month by Boden which coincided with their November sale. Knowing of the Boden brand being a middle class, expensive but quality clothing (how have things moved on!), I ordered a pack of 7 pairs socks of star design and 2 pairs of footless cable knot tights for my LO having read the product reviews. After the money off voucher and the sale prices, I only paid £10.20. Bargain I thought. The socks were part of a Xmas stocking gift and the tights to be worn when my LO is older. My Lo wore the 1st pair which were put in the wash but came out all bobbled, equivalent to several weeks worth of wear. I had thought that the socks were caught up with something else in the wash but unfortunately the quality of the socks were confirmed when a second pair was worn and inspected before being put in the wash. Despite my Lo wearing slippers with the socks all day today, the socks were just as bobbled. Having read the small print for returns, Boden will accept returns but the return delivery is at the expense of the purchaser. How unreasonable is this! These socks are of a funky design but let down by wear quality. Socks are of worse quality than socks you would get from Poundland. Will not buy from Boden again and will stick to the usual outlets. I also suspect that the product reviews may not be of a general selection.
I can not comment about the Customer Service other than the products were delivered on time and I did get a personal message on my answering machine a couple of weeks later from Boden to follow up the delivered order which I thought was a nice touch but maybe it was a sales ploy!

• Goods purchased & cost