Down the drain definitely they have gone

Jo65's review of Boden www.boden.co.uk

“Down the drain definitely they have gone”

Written on: 22/03/2013 by Jo65 (1 review written)

I used to love Boden, I would wait eagerly for their Bodenpreview page to appear, announcing the next season's stuff. I had people here in Italy asking me where the hell I got my clothes...and that's a comment coming from style- crazy Italians. I loved their qiuirky Englishness and it suited me as a sort of exiled Brit over here in southern Italy.
No more the case, sadly to say. The last few orders I've had from Boden have been badly fitting and cheap, quality-wise and not pricewise. I realize stuff has been made in China for years now but the quality is noticeably worse and there is no uniformity in the fit of things. The worst products of all are shoes. They often come one longer/wider than the other and the last pair I had were fabric and dirty. I can't afford to return stuff from Italy as it is expensive and fiddly.
On a final note i would say that customer service has gone to being personal and attentive to purely inefficient and indifferent. Sad because they had built up quite a business there. At least there will be plenty of stuff in stock when their sale comes round, if it's worth buying at least.

• Goods purchased & cost

Libsue's Response to Jo65's Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

Not only is the quality suffering but I think the styling is off as well. Seems they only style for the small among us. I'm not a large lady but I am busty. I love a V neck but all of the dresses are either high necks or so low I need a cami. Being busty I hate to have to add another layer up top.
When I wear the dresses from past years all I get are compliments. I love my wrap dress - my first Boden purchase and still my favorite.
Please bring back the style. I need dresses.