Appalling customer service

markec1's review of Boden www.boden.co.uk

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 14/09/2012 by markec1 (1 review written)

I fully understand that customer service in Britain is an oxymoron, but Boden takes it to a new low level. Recently tried to buy two shirts online in the UK to be sent to a UK address. I received an email from their "fraud department" saying my card had not been authorised and i had to send them some confirmation details. I called my bank, and the reason for refusal was that Boden were using an old card; despite the fact i submitted the new card for payment. I told the person in the "fraud department" and he denied this was the case. I called my bank again who told me the information Boden were submitting which was indeed incorrect.

I have made a complaint -- obviously thats been ignored. The Fraud person's attitude was appalling. So i cancelled the order, asked for all my personal information to be wiped from their systems, told them i do not want to receive any further information from them, and I have complained to the Information Commissioner as Boden are breaking the Data Protection Act.

No wonder their revenues are suffering.

• Goods purchased & cost