What has happened to Boden?

Guest's review of Boden www.boden.co.uk

“What has happened to Boden?”

Written on: 13/03/2012

I used to buy all my kids clothes from Mini Boden. They offered value for money, and the quality of the clothes meant that they lasted wear from both my daughters.
However, I have noticed a decline in the fabric quality and 'colours' of the fabric in the last few seasons...which has resulted in my returning 85% of the items I have just ordered from the Spring/Summer collection.
Most disappointing were the boys 'icon' hoodie, in navy with a union jack on the back. This looked great in the catalogue, however the fabric was the sort of quality I would expect from a cheap high street retailer - not Boden. Also - the girls printed skirts were similar in poor quality, and the colours really washed out.
I imagine that we are all paying the price for Boden's heavy discounting...It used to be 10/12%, but now they consistantly offer 25%...and the result is them spending less on the manufacturing.
It's really disappointing - but I will be returing to the high street for my kids Summer clothes this year.

• £850