There's bad, there's very bad & then there's Blacks online

DashawnDowd305's review of Blacks www.blacks.co.uk

“There's bad, there's very bad and then there's Blacks...”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by DashawnDowd305 (1 review written)

Spent hours trekking around branches after checking they had the item I wanted in stock. Turned out nobody did, in reality.

Then spent more hours struggling to place an order on the website and paid for next day delivery. Received totally incorrect item. Called customer services on very expensive premium line, listened to automated messages and then a woman who told me that (a) I could not have the item I ordered delivered today and (b) I could not have it delivered at all unless I return the item I received and did not order.

No only did I thus not get what I paid for or when I paid for it, I was expected to pay for their mistake in time, trouble and money. When I pointed that out, she was totally unconcerned and when I blew my rag, she hung up on me.

Complaints by email received two responses (a) they will refund my postage and packaging and (b) they will deliver in 5 days.

Further complaints were met with automated responses that they will reply in 2 days or more - by which time the event for which I needed the item will be over, let alone time to try out the item.

These people really can't be bothered. They go by a reputation which has long ceased to exist.

I wouldn't dream of ever buying from them again and I wouldn't advise anyone else to do so either.

• Goods purchased & cost