Blacks Online are Absolutely Useless.

JosieSmith's review of Blacks www.blacks.co.uk

“Blacks Online are Absolutely Useless. ”

Written on: 31/01/2014 by JosieSmith (2 reviews written)

I ordered a North Face coat on 1 December 2013 for next day delivery after being told that I could not get the same discount in store even though I had the coat in my hand in store. I later the same day received an email to say that the coat had been despatched and would be delivered on 2 December. I returned home from work at 4.30pm and asked my family if my parcel had been delivered. It hadn't so I tracked it online. The status said that the parcel had been delivered successfully at 11.30am and signed for by someone called Johnson!! I was a bit puzzled as someone had been in all day, we are not called Johnson and there are no neighbours called Johnson either.

After numerous phone calls to Blacks and the couriers for two weeks I received no joy as to where the parcel was. The customer service was diabolical, they do not call you back when they say they will and you always have to chase them. I finally received the claim form I was promised after two requests and received a refund on 24 December (over 3 weeks after I ordered the coat). I had no coat and no money to get another one with. I vowed that I would never use Blacks online again but my daughter found an offer on another coat so begrudgingly gave them another chance.

I ordered the coat on Monday and asked for it to be delivered to the Meadowhall store instead of home after the first fiasco. I was given delivery dates of Friday/Saturday (4-5 working days). After not receiving an email saying that it had been despatched I called Blacks today to be told by that the coat had not even be picked yet from the warehouse and they could not say when it would be!! This is absolutely unacceptable. I asked, as it had not been picked yet whether I could have it delivered the next day at home tomorrow (Saturday) as the website said that the same coat was available for next day delivery. I was told that he could not make this decision and that he would contact the warehouse to see what could be done and give me a call to let me know what was going on before 8.00pm when he went home. Surprise surprise I have received no phone call.

I am absolutely disgusted with this company and wish I had never let them have my hard earned money yet again to be let down yet again.

Do not touch this company with a barge pole. They take your money and fob you off.

• North Face Jacket & Peter Storm Coat