Terrible customer service & second hand product delivered.

markm3533's review of Blacks www.blacks.co.uk

“Terrible customer service and second hand product...”

Written on: 26/07/2013 by markm3533 (1 review written)

This is quite simply the worst company I have ever dealt with. We bought a tent that leaked. After 3 months of contacting customer services who told us 3 different things we finally sent the tent back by courier provided by Blacks/Millets. Fault would be verified and either a replacement or refund would be issued within 3 weeks. After 6 weeks I contacted them via email. After 7 I tried again. I then telephoned on Friday. On the third attempt I waited for 25 minutes on the end of a ringing phone. Finally answered. Advisor sent me her email address. I contacted her straight away with the email chain of my problem. On Monday contacted again for an update. "Please remind me of the issue," she asked. A week later they admitted that they had lost the tent! It was never returned. I asked for a replacement because the cost of a new one had gone up by £120. they said no. I contacted trading standards. Millets/Blacks then agreed. When they sent me the 'new' tent it was actually a damaged second hand tent. Worse was yet to come. When I opened it up there were staples inside the tent!! Unbelievable. Advisor then said couldn't exchange the tent but only send me another one when I had returned the second hand one. I held firm and we agreed that we would only exchange in store so that a shop assistant could verify the quality of the replacement product. Definitely would be completed by the end of the week. I even emailed with a transcript of the conversation. End of the week is here...still no resolution. "I didn't promise that," she said. "Written eveidence that shows you did," I said. Now I've been told that it'll be in store on Monday. Do I really believe them? I think not. I would avoid shopping at Blacks/Millets and any of the JD fashion outlets if you want anything like even exceptable customer service. This is just disgraceful.

• Tent £340. Delivered a second hand tent!