I have finally found my tailor

S_Gaffey's review of BMV Bespoke Tailors - www.bmvbespoketailors.com

“I have finally found my tailor”

Written on: 17/01/2014 by S_Gaffey (1 review written)

After a long and sometimes frustrating search, I have finally found my tailor and cannot recommend BMV Bespoke Tailors enough. I have experienced a number of tailors, and also had suits made in Europe, as well as bought off the rack from some of the “trendier” fashion houses. Whilst this in no way makes me an expert, it has allowed me some insight into the different styles of tailoring.

There are a number of fabrics available from Chinese wool blends to the more luxurious branded English/Italian milled fabrics. The big difference is that BMV will tell you exactly what your fabric is and not aggressively upsell. I was flatly told that a certain fabric was in fact an 80/20 poly blend even though it was branded as an Australian 120 wool. I’m sorry to say the super 150 cashmere blend you’re being offered for cut price down the road, probably isn’t. Does the fabric come with a weavers label as a sign of authenticity and provenance?

Like any serious tailor, the options are plentiful and standard. Things like working buttons, lapel types, lapel widths, vent styles, side adjusters, cuffed trousers, monograms, cuff styles, collar variations, contrast stitching and so forth are all standard options and not charged “extra features”.

It may all seem a bit overwhelming at first but the team will sit you down and guide you through each option before asking you to sign off.

Whilst I would describe BMV’s style as classic with a nod to the modern, unlike some English tailoring, there is not a “house cut”. I opted for a more aggressive Italian style slim cut suit with suppressed waist, high armholes, peak lapels, double vented jacket paired with slim half break trousers, which BMV achieved beautifully. Yet they were also able to achieve similarly beautiful results with a much more relaxed fit dinner jacket for my 80 years old father.

Comparing like with like, I believe BMV offers the best value for money, in fact it is the best value tailor I have been to period. I really was so impressed with their service and product that I felt compelled to write a review about BMV Bespoke Tailors. I think there are plenty of other similar reviews to back them up.

• Goods purchased & cost