Written on: 01/11/2013
Buyer beware!! I had my measurements taken for a suit and two shirts in May. Four fittings and five months later I received something I decided to keep. And that was more about giving up than having something I liked. Even with the garments I kept, if I had tried either the shirts or the suit on in a store, I would have put them back on the rack.
When you buy tailor made you want it to fit like a glove, look stylish, expensive and current, and above all, you want it to look like it was made just for you. I discussed all that with the tailors back in May. But, when I first received the clothes in the mail and tried them on, my only conclusion was that they had mixed up my order with someone else.
I get that tweaks are going to have to be made after the initial delivery, but what I received was utterly unwearable.
Round 1 Problems with delivered product:
- Jacket was baggy and shoulders were way too wide and padded
- Jacket was too long
- Sleeves were too long
- bottom of suit jacket looked like a skirt
- suit pants too short
- no monogram embroidered on inside of jacket as discussed
- stitching was haphazard and sloppy
- loose threads
- My "fitted" shirt would have fit two of me in it
- Shirts looked like they were from the 80s or 90s
- collar too big
- collar sat horribly (again looked like 80s or 90s style)
- Buttons WAY too far apart.
So .. round two: fitting, wait four weeks, receive clothes in mail, try on. Still unwearable. For a company that makes clothes as their profession I don't know how you can take measurements and then deliver something so ridiculously ill-fitting.
Round 2 problems with the delivered product:
- jacket now too tight
- the shoulders were still way too wide
- the bottom of the jacket still looks like a skirt and sits too wide
- because the back has been taken in, the flap on the back now sits at a weird angle over my backside
- there was bunched up material under both armpits
- I was so unimpressed with the jacket that I didn’t even try on the pants
Regarding the shirts:
- I discussed the distance I wanted between the buttons in depth with the tailor.
- I discussed that I usually wear the top button undone
- the buttons are now even further apart than they were before (four buttons total? What the??)
- sleeves were still too long
- collar is still too wide.
At this point I asked for my money back, but after another fitting decided to accept 50% money back with the promise that all would be fixed and apologies saying they don't know how things could have gone so wrong.
Round three: fitting, wait four weeks, receive clothes in mail, try on. Still unwearable.
Round four: Last fitting I was promised the clothes would be delivered back after two weeks instead of up to four. But four weeks later I received the clothes (after some emails asking where they were).
I now have a wearable suit but I have better looking suits that are off the rack. Shoulders in particular still look weird. The first comment I got on the suit from a friend who walked up behind me was "Looks like it's time for a new suit". He told me that the jacket looked too small and was stretching along the back. Great. The shirts are terrible quality too. If I hadn't invested so much time in getting the suit or the shirts I probalby wouldn't wear them.
At this point I'd like to say that the service by the tailors was very good (if not their measuring skills). Eager to fix things, friendly and polite. Doesn't help much though if the product is horrible.
It's a pity. I wear suits often and had heard good things about BMV. But after my experience I'd be warning people off them.
If youwant a quality product, go elsewhere!
As rated by real users
"Great Value Site" Read More
"Terrible cheap clothing and po..." Read More
"Wedding Dress" Read More
"Faster" Read More
"Fabulous and perfect staffs" Read More