Reasonable but communication a bit suss

Guest's review of BMV Bespoke Tailors - www.bmvbespoketailors.com

“Reasonable but communication a bit suss”

Written on: 09/09/2012

I recently used this tailoring service. I found the overall experience okay but there were causes for concern. The gentleman I saw at the Hilton Hotel was not very forthcoming with information. He offered little advice and guidance, and assumed an air of someone who really didn't care if you bought or not. He didn't bother to explain the process or the fabrics in any detail. Anyway, I went through with it, and ordered a suit, selecting a quality super wool fabric. I found their after-sale communication pretty poor. One of my emails was answered (with the main question overlooked), the others ignored. The suit was received more or less on time and was okay, but I had no way of knowing that it was actually made from the fabric I chose. I'd recommend but with some reservation. Tread carefully. Ask many questions and make sure you get satisfactory answers before proceeding. By the way, their business name is misleading. This is not a bespoke tailoring service; more made to measure (and the measuring is carried out by salesman not tailors).

• suit

Lucille976's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2013

I had a different experience. Everything was explained to me and everything he promises has since come to fruition. Exactly as I wanted. Mine was at the Hilton in Adelaide in late 2012. Totally perfect.

Brookepollock's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2013

It so true these tailor just care how much they could ripe you off & their after sales service is simply just too bad. I will NEVER dare visit them !!!!
By the way it looks most of their review are written by themselves!

Dennyse's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

Oh you obviously have never used BMV. I have used more than one bespoke tailor and I know BMV is a cut above (pun intended). They really are. My comments are entirely my own. I have the garments with my name monogrammed in the pocket. I no longer buy off the peg clothing. It is a joy to wear clothes that fit so well. And My comments are my own. I keep my receipts and they are all for things I have purchased in my city in Australia. Go along, order a blazer, you will not be disappointed. BMV are true gentlemen. My only gripe this year is that that are not visiting my city which is Adelaide in South Australia. I have never regretted visiting BMV. They are the real deal. And I am a Real Customer.