Poor Customer Service

italianmamma's review of Alight Plus Size Clothing - www.alight.com

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 27/08/2013 by italianmamma (1 review written)

Purchased a 1x dress. When it arrived the dress said XL and was very small. I called to ask some questions and the girl who answered was unenthusiastic and rude. I asked to speak to the manager and he was not much better. The dress was thin as paper and I spent extra to get it early. Total waste of time and money. If you are going to run a great business you need to have good customer service and they do not.

• Goods purchased & cost

Flowersarebeautiful's Response to italianmamma's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

My experience with ordering a product from Alight/Sonsi was negative. Go to Sonsi and click on returns and then domestic. It will show the other retail partners that Sonsi works with which includes Alight and many others.

I returned my item with tracking and noticed after 13 days being delivered to Missouri (shipping/handling department) that I had not received an email stating that my item reached its destination or that I received credit for my item. I called Customer service for Sonsi/Alight and they tell me that it can take up to 2 weeks to get a refund. First of all I’m supposed to get an email stating when my item reached its destination which I did not get. Why do I have to call a business 13 days after my item was delivered to inquire about why I didn’t get credit? You don’t have to do that with JCPenney or Sears. The next day I call and they said I had received a refund. I was angry in the way they conducted their business that I asked to speak with a Supervisor. The lady kept giving me the run around telling me the Supervisors are tied up/unavailable. I told her to put me on hold until the Supervisors were available. I’m on hold for a little while. Then she tells me they are on the phone. So I told her to tell the Supervisor that there is an upset customer and I would like to speak to her. I told her that she could take the phone call that the Supervisor was on and let me speak with the Supervisor. Finally I got to speak with a lady that said she was a Supervisor, which she then later tells me she was the Manager. I spoke with her about how it took so long to get a refund and that I wanted to speak with the shipping department. I also asked her if she was going to take this complaint higher up and she said no. She said she would contact the shipping department and see why it took so long and call me back. I have not heard back!

I called and spoke with a guy, who said he would send my complaint to the corporate office and he gave me a case number. I’m still waiting to hear from them. If you have a complaint it supposedly goes through customer service and then they will forward it to the corporate office. But the customer service reps do not know who the CEO is of the company, they don’t know the address or the phone number to the corporate office, they don’t have the number for the shipping department in MO. My how convenient it is for Sonsi to not know that information when they are running this!!!

If you look at their return policy, they state they will send you an email when your item has reached its destination. They DO NOT send you an email when the item is received. They don’t send you an email intentionally. If they actually send an email out then they are acknowledging they have received your item.

I have figured out what they do at Alight. When you return an item it goes to Missouri which you somehow can’t contact them. This company is like a truck stop which is out in the middle of nowhere. They also state that you will receive an email when your item is received which they do not send you an email. Then they also have a number to call for Alight which is located in a house in NY. So what they will do is give you the run around if you call and ask why you haven't received a credit for an item you have returned. They won't give you the phone number of the shipping department. Supposedly there isn’t a way of contacting them. If you don't tell them that you have your item tracked they will say it got lost, there has been a snow storm, shipping got mixed up, etc and they won’t refund your money. You have no proof that it was delivered so they will keep your money. Their Alright store in NY has closed.